We have nothing to fear, but fear itself.. As once stated by Franklin D. Roosevelt. Perhaps Batman’s Scarecrow believes otherwise.
For this particular costume, we wanted to infuse several aspects of different scarecrow costumes. We wanted the practicality of wearing street clothes, but with some key aspects of scarecrow flair.
we are incorporating Batman begin’s jonathan crane (dress clothes and mask).
Arkham Asylum’s scarecrow (needle hand with fear toxin apparatus)
and aspects from the comic variation (mask, scythe, noose, hat)
-black pea coat
-4 brass fasteners (stationary section)
-clear bendable twist ties (i found mine from a toy box)
-two different highlighters
-metal electrical socket outlet cover
-pipe clamps (home depot (50 cents each)
-2 plastic tubes with caps (i had some lying around that were containers for mighty putty)
-unused clean plastic syringes (friend’s mom is a nurse)
-different brown threads
-dark brown fabic
Put on all the regular clothes (shoes, pants, coat, gloves)
For the blade, get 4 pieces of cardboard and cut out a blade shape . Carve two grooves in the cardboard about 1 1/2 inches deep so that 2 pieces of 3 inch PVC can slide in. (Pic A).. bondo the entire cardboard blade.
For your handle, take your PVC pipe and cut it into 2 long pieces ( approx 2.5 ft each).. connect them with a T pvc connecter. and then add a 5 inch piece of PVC on the last side for your handle. you can cap it off with a PVC cap.
Attach the blade to the handle by putting a piece of pvc in between a T pvc adapter and a L curved pvc adapter. (pic B) connect the pieces together, paint it brown, and wrap some long raggedy straps of brown fabric around it.
FEAR TOXIN HARNESS
Fear toxin- take two different colored highlighters apart and get the tube inside that contains the dye. Take the dye tube and mix it with some water, causing the water to become the color of the highlighter. i used orange and green myself. From there, pour each mixture in a separate tube. cap them and make sure they don’t leak. I took some hot glue and glued mine shut.
take your outlet socket cover and bend it length wise so that it will curve around your wrist. (pic C)
next, sew 4 velcro straps attached to each sider. Take a drill and drill a hole in each of the 4 corners of the outlet cover as well. if you use a low enough setting, the drill bit will go through. Now, grab your brass fasteners and pop them through the bottom (pic e).
Take your pipe clamps and attach them to the wrist harness by “opening” the bras fasteners (pic F) Stick your “fear toxin” tubes inside either side.
- Take your syringes and use the tip of your hot glue gun to poke holes at the very bottom of each. Attach your aquarium tubing inside the hole with hot glue. Put on the glove itself and glue each syringe onto your finger tip. Use some tape and secure each aquarium tube around your finger. Lastly, cut your twisty ties into about 3 inches long and hot glue them to the ends of the syringes. (pic G)
I just found a link on how to make a noose.
MASK and DICKIE:
For the dickie, cut a piece of brown cloth so that it will cover your chest area. cut a slit in the middle so you can slip your head through it. (Pic H)
For the Mask
Take the same brown fabric as the dickie and sew a tube shape (PIC I). The mask does not need to be perfectly symmetrical, as it adds to the character.Then sew one end of it.. (PIC J) .Cut out two eye holes, and then start making it look weathered. I used a cheese grader and continually scrubbed the mask AND the dickie to give them a kind of torn, old look. Take your various brown threads and sew it on the mask in various way. i weaved a mouth and sewed one of the eyes shut on this costume. The more different textures and colors of dark thread, the creepier it should look. this costume is good for people who wear glasses, as the mask is able to cover them up.
put the mask on, then the dickie, and then the noose to accent your neck.
For the rim, use a piece of cardboard and cut out an “O” to fit your head. it does not have to be perfect, as imperfections add character (Pic K).. cover the entire thing with your DARK brown fabric. Sew a cone with the dark brown fabric (pic L) and glue it onto the rim. Lastly, take some rope from your noose and wrap it a few times around the base of the cone (pic M)
Put it all together, and you got a scarecrow costume. Now go scare some kids. muhahahaha
- awkwardlly-artistic likes this
- diapee-boy likes this
- fusako235 likes this
- fusako235 reblogged this from spicypandacreations
- frenchfri3505 likes this
- fandoms-and-spoopy-everywhere likes this
- keshkaunbelievable likes this
- thewalkingsloth reblogged this from spicypandacreations
- josht97 likes this
- robojot likes this
- drupadumesh likes this
- troy-and-abed-trick-or-treating likes this
- rpatz-makes-u-wet likes this
- teignoro-tarea likes this
- filthcity likes this
- azailiaauburn likes this
- aranando-las-puertas likes this
- theramblingsofahopefulwriter likes this
- whatfreshfuckeryisthis reblogged this from spicypandacreations
- wolfypookiewho reblogged this from spicypandacreations
- wolfypookiewho likes this
- ghourlock reblogged this from spicypandacreations
- faerie-moon-child likes this
- thevermingod likes this
- drscarecrowcrane likes this
- cutedinosaurlove likes this
- mikuridaigo likes this
- quantum-fluxes reblogged this from spicypandacreations
- sassenach1968 likes this
- fireprofitz likes this
- hummingskeleton likes this
- arkhampatient likes this
- stopgoblin likes this
- spicypandacreations posted this